Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In class we talked about how FOX news station uses images, certain words, individual beliefs to get you to think along their lines. Myself included, and many others who watch their programing may think I have never seen any wrong doing on FOX's behalf. But after I watched this movie I realized that it is not just FOX who does these things. Today in journalism there are so many information feeds that are telling us things that are not news, they are only voicing their opinions. This is wrong in my eyes because we only get half of a story. They expect us to go out and find information they are supposed to provide us with. So when we tell our friends and family about and interesting fact we learned today we are not telling them garbage. That is all I am saying, because half of a story is not a story at all. It is an incomplete project that someone was to lazy to finish. That is all I feel these corporations need to do. Give me all of the facts so when I go out and promote the things you said (by promote I mean mention) I do not look like an idiot. The news should be like a debate, every side has a strong believer on one issue and an opposing issue is at the ready to tell you they are wrong. Not just one person saying "BLAHHBLAHHBLAAHHHHHH I am right follow me" that is a cult, sorry to put it this way but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment