Monday, October 26, 2009

movies

The dream world philosophy is that when you go and see a movie you get so engaged in the movie that it feels like a dream. I agree because I love going to the movies and after its done you have to reboot your brain to reality. That is the only reason I go to the movies anymore, I have the option of not going and i choose to go. I also want to talk about the product placement in movies, like The Ballet of Ricky Bobby. In almost every single scene there is SOMETHING that is being commercialized, be it Poweraid, Fruitloops, or even the car he drives. You can not avoid it even if we see it. Now it is just part of the business, but how many of those adds have a part in the movie as a whole? I can not answer that myself, and in my opinion no one can. The last thing i want to bring up is copycat behavior. I recently just saw a movie "On Boc II". The movie is about a tribe member going to the big city to survive. With this you have two hours of him kicking everyones ass. Now on the other hand when people went to see "Fast and Furious" they came out of the theaters racing. Their excuse was because they saw the movie, but after "On Boc II" I did not go and clean the streets with my bare hands. So just think about it, we are effected by movies but in the end it is us making the decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment